Friday, September 01, 2006

Survey Results

Thanks to everyone that participated in the survey. There were a total of 64 responses. I've included the results below. I'd be curious about your interpretation of the results.

Here are the questions and their responses. Click on the thumbnails to see detailed responses.

1. What country and state do you live in?
Just less than half of the respondents live in Utah.


2. Do you know your grandparents' siblings?
We tend to know some of our grandparents' siblings.


3. Do you know your grandparents' cousins?
We tend not to know our grandparents' cousins.


4. Do you know your parents' cousins?
We tend to know some of our parents' cousins.


5. Do you know your cousins?
We tend to know our cousins.


6. Do you know your nieces and nephews?
We tend to know all of our nieces and nephews.


7. Do you know the children of your nieces and nephews?
We tend to know the children of our nieces and nephews. (Although most respondents don't have nieces or nephews with children)


8. Do you know the children of your cousins?
We tend to know the children of our cousins.


9. Which of the following items have been obstacles in forming relationships with your relatives?
Almost 86% of respondents indicate that geographic distance has been an obstacle in forming relationships with relatives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, I used this survey in a research paper I just wrote for one of my college classes. It amazed me that people did not know alot of this information. I have been researching my family history for 15 years now, so I feel like I know everyone I have researched. My instructor was really shocked at the fact that some people did not know the names of nieces and nephews. I use the LDS family search web site in all of my research. I love this site and will continue to use it. Thank you for the information in your survey.

Dan Lawyer said...

Mylinda,
I'm glad you found the information useful. Thanks for letting me know!